Picklists within ClientView are the saved values that allow your firm to further define your clients' niche. This features allows you to manage more granular filters for improved analytics. Client Families is an example of a picklist value in ClientView.
The Client Family feature in ClientView allows you to group related clients together, such as related businesses, related individual clients, or a combination of both.
Creating a Client Family Picklist Value
There are two ways to create a client family: from within firm settings and from within a client record:
Adding a Picklist Value From Firm Settings
To add a client family value from within the firm settings:
- Navigate to Firm Settings via the drop-down menu in the top-right right corner of the page.
- Next, choose Picklists under the ClientView section on the left side.
- Select the Family picklist, and the values will display to the right.
- Choose the +Add a Value button to add a new value. Don't forget to click Save.
- Choose +Add N/A if you want to have a N/A, none or unknown value as a choice in the list. Don't forget to click the Save button.
- You can always use the trashcan icon on the right side of the value if you wish to delete a value from the list.
Note: Rootworks recommends using Client Family names that are consistent and descriptive.
Adding a Picklist Value within a Client Record
To add a client family picklist value from within a client record:
- Click the +Add link under the Family label. Start typing in the dropdown to locate the Client Family name if it already exists. If the Client Family name does not already exist, an +Add link displays to add the new family.
- Clicking the +Add link will add the Client Family to the picklist and to that particular client.
- Don't forget to click Save in the big blue bar at the bottom.